When you try to install Google Cloud Print in Windows 10, you may receive an error says your XPSSVCS.DLL is missing. The following error message brings up when you install:
- [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(370)] Unable to open printer
- [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(320)] Print driver is already uninstalled.
- [1103/184546:WARNING:setup.cc(263)] File is missing: XPSSVCS.DLL
- [1103/184546:ERROR:setup.cc(305)] Unable to add printer driver.
- [1103/184546:ERROR:setup.cc(402)] Unable to install driver.
- [1103/184546:INFO:setup.cc(543)] The identified printer driver was not found on the system and needs to be downloaded. HRESULT=0x80070bcb
To solve the error, we will first uninstall updates KB3177725 and KB3176493 or installing the current Windows 10 update.
Type 1- Steps to uninstall the updates:
- Click Ctrl + I to open Windows settings.
- Choose Update & Security and go to Update history > Uninstall update
- A Control Panel window will launch showing all installed updates. Press on the “Search Installed Updates” search at the top right and enter KB3177725 and the KB3176493.
- Now double-click on the search result and press OK to uninstall the updates.
- Restart the Computer and try to install Google Cloud Print again.
Type 2 – Steps to Update Windows
- Select CTRL + I to launch Windows settings.
- Tap Update & Security and press on Check for updates. When there are new updates available, Windows will install them by default; otherwise press Install updates and then restart your computer.
- Once you’re done with upgrades, try to install Google Cloud.
Type 3 – Register the XPSSVCS.DLL file by using Microsoft Register Server
- Click Start
- Write in “command” but DO NOT press enter.
- You have to select the Ctrl and Shift keys together and then hit ENTER.
- When a permission dialog box shows, press Yes
- Then Write in this text “regsvr32 /u XPSSVCS.DLL.”
- Hit ENTER to unregister the file
- Type “regsvr32 /i XPSSVCS.DLL.”
- Press ENTER and your file will be re-registered.
- When you complete such actions, refresh the program that is associated with the XPSSVCS.DLL error.
Type 4 – Print Via the Browser
- First, go to https://www.google.com/cloudprint in your preferred web browser.
- Press on PRINT and then choose Upload it.
- Pick your file and upload it.
- Pick the printer from which you wish to print and then activate the Print function to print your document.
Hope this article helps you to fix the XPSSVCS error.
Harry Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Harry Williams has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.